Friday, August 16, 2013

To be able to look back upon ones life in satisfaction, is to live twice.
Today everything came together, ready for my first day on the job with the kids.  Challenges were met and I feel really good--satisfied with how the week turned out.   Thinking back over everything that was done,  remembering the support of friends, and then today feeling accomplishment, I have to admit that the week that didn't start out so well, ended well.
Now if I expand that idea and think about this past summer, then this last year, and eventually my whole life,  I am really surprised at how satisfied I am with everything.  My existence has been far from perfect.  It has been disastrous at times. but that is not the point.  Overall, I not only faced the challenges but in a lot of cases, overcame them.  If my life had been easy, I would not feel the way that I do now.
Khalil Gibran was right,  "To be able to look back upon ones life in satisfaction, is to live twice." I lived through this week and now remembering this week, I feel good.  It is as though I am living it again but I already know the positive outcome.  
God has blessed my life and has been with me every step of the way.  How could I not be satisfied?

No comments:

Post a Comment