Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Imperfect Faith in God

Yesterday, I referred to two Bible quotations that that gave me a sense of peace....after I wrote my post I went directly to bed and woke up refreshed and ready for the day.  I had not done some of what needed to be done last night and when I went to look for what I needed I found everything in a few minutes...it felt as though my preparation for the day had been done for me....my anxiety over things that I had no control over was gone and I looked forward to the day---breathing a huge sigh of relief.

It is late afternoon and the day went well.  I shouldn't be surprised but I am.  I honestly believe that God helps when we ask for it, but the human doubt in me is always surprised.  Maybe it is because that many times I have trusted human beings, only to be disappointed and somehow I transfer those experiences.  Whatever the reason, I need to work on faith.  I like to think of myself as someone with strong faith but what I realize is that I am as human as the next person and faith along with love and hope and happiness is a process....I am always learning and sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't....

This is why daily prayer, Bible reading, meditation are so important.  This why a strong bond with my religious community is so important.  This is why attendance at Mass is so important....and working on a rule of life....and for me writing daily about my spiritual journey is important.  As human beings we will never get it right all of the time....but it something we should strive for anyway.

I am trying....I am trying very hard...and today I realize that God knows this and I should not be anxious or afraid....I have to have faith and hold on tight!  I may stumble sometimes but if I reach out my hand, God will help me find balance and then I can go forward with Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment