Sunday, August 18, 2013

LIfe and Death, Joy and Pain.

Today is a day of mixed blessings.

I met my new students and their families at our open house and I am excited about the new year.   I work hard to make my classroom child friendly and the kids and their siblings came in and started playing and exploring.  That is a very good sign of the year to come.

I also found out that one of my favorite volunteers has died,  I am so sad--my heart hurts.  I loved Ingrid and she was a joy to be around and the kids loved her too.  She was very ill but I just couldn't imagine school without her, so I believed that she would return in time.  Now I know she isn't coming back and that hurts.  i have to believe in heaven because Ingrid was a good soul and deserves a place without pain and suffering.  I will miss her but I have faith that she is with God and all is good.

Today was also a day of joy because I went to Mass and was embraced by my community there.  It was a day of some pain as I had to except the reality of some issues outside of my church but a definite part of my life.

All I know is that God was with me through all of what happened and He is with me now.  Life is life. Up and down.  Good and bad.  Happy and sad.  But full of hope when God is with you.

Now it is time for me to be quiet and just spend some time in quiet reflection....



No comments:

Post a Comment