Thursday, August 8, 2013

Being Ready

Today I catch up on laundry, pack bags, and make final preparations for a trip to St Louis, MO.  The highway was closed yesterday due to flooding, opened this morning, but now the rain has begun again. I really don't know if the road will be open or closed tomorrow, so I don't know for sure if I will be able to make the trip.  I will be ready.  I will just wait and see what tomorrow brings.

The present moment is all we have.  We can prepare for the future but we can not predict it, we can only guess.   We need to make the most of what we have which is now.  No matter what happens tomorrow I will have the laundry done and be ready to experience a new day.  I am looking into alternative ways to spend my weekend if the floods prevent a trip east.  I am even looking into fun things I can do if the best thing is to stay home.  I have decided to make the most of this day, and I have made a choice to look forward to tomorrow whatever that brings.

When it comes down to it, our lives are all about choices.  I could worry and fret and be upset.  I would be justified in doing so.  I can also decide to stay calm, look at opportunities, and decide that whatever adventure waits, I will be ready and happy about it.

I read a this posted in front of a church this morning:  Worry is concern without prayer.

My life is full of prayer so I am not going to worry.  I choose to be prepared. and I am ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment