Saturday, September 14, 2013

Writing on this blog everyday has become work to me....not because of the writing but because I decided that I had to follow another's lead and write comments on what they wrote...not necessarily a bad idea but a real stretch for me...and there is also more to my world than just this little book....so I decided to write what I felt "lead" to write and on days that I have writer's block or nothing relevant to say, then I would follow through on this devotional book that I started....this way I can have the best of both worlds!  So today will not be "Day 7," it is "Mother Theresa" day.

A good friend emailed me this, and I can not stop thinking about it:

Mother Teresa's Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

I had heard parts of this poem but had never read it is its entirety.  Now I have and it is exactly what I needed to read at this moment in my life.  This is the best advice that I can give myself.  This is what I need to do to stay on my journey with God.

Thank You Mother Theresa and my special friend.....thank you God for their wisdom....




No comments:

Post a Comment