Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thank you God for Sundays
September 15, 2013

This has been a beautiful day, cooler with lots of sunshine....I went to Mass, my  daughter and I took my mother out to lunch, all of us did our grocery shopping together, I took a little nap this afternoon, washed the car, and am now in the process of getting things ready for the new week.  This was an easy, relaxed day where things were accomplished and the overall stress level was low.

Could I have done more?  Oh my goodness the answer is a big YES!  I have a house that needs major renovation, lots of sorting and downsizing because my husband hardly ever threw anything away in our over 25 years of marriage, and my lists go on and on....but I keep thinking about how the Bible stresses a day of rest....today was restful and I feel recharged and am looking forward to the week.  I enjoy Mass, taking my mother out to lunch, even washing the car....except for grocery shopping none of what I did today was "work"  and the shopping really doesn't enter that category either....  the nap was nice and the rest was wonderful!

A spiritual journey needs rest just as the rest of our lives.  I have nothing profound to say today except that it is nice to enjoy just being alive knowing that I am on the right path with God.  I know there will be challenges ahead just like there have been challenges in the past.  God helped me with those and he will be there when I need him again...but for today,  we just enjoyed each others company and I was happy.

Thank you God for Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment