Saturday, September 28, 2013

Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future.

William Wordsworth


The last time I wrote on this blog was Tuesday...today it is Saturday....

The past showed up and overwhelmed the present and except for work, I had a hard time functioning, much less writing.....I dealt with it and prayed a lot.....I realize now that it is all apart of the grieving process...and learning to live in the present....and looking forward at a different future...My sister has been gone for over five years now and my husband a year and a half....just about the time I think that I have everything under control, memories come, good and bad....and I am trying to learn to live with them....this time I just stopped and allowed them to happen....

Along with the memories came the work that I have to do to finally settle my sister's estate and deal with some issues that my husband left me with....so with the work and the memories and my job and the prayers, I didn't feel like writing....I was overwhelmed but managed to get through all of it....today I just spent time being quiet.  Today I really don't feel anything--a friend reminded me that sometimes emotionally one must rest...after this week that is what I did today.

I am glad the day became cloudy and it rained...somehow it made everything okay.  So much change has happened in my life that I really don't know who I am any more...All I know is that God is here and I am not alone.  Tomorrow is Sunday...I will begin again at Mass discovering who I am and where God wants me to be....for right now I am content to be quiet...and just be with God...

No comments:

Post a Comment