Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bad day eventually got better...

woke up with a severe headache,  allowed depression and anger a place to simmer and thought my day was going to get worse...it did... for awhile...

My brother and my youngest son reminded me that I had a choice..actually choices

Mad at myself... and others.... and just life in general, I needed to vent...talking it out helped, but going to swim @ the Y for an hour was the cure along with 20 minutes relaxing in a warm jacuzzi...physical movement helps get my head on straight...

Only I can live my life, and with God's help I would like to live it well...somedays I succeed, somedays I fail, and some days are just days I survived....

I work hard to be positive and do the right thing but sometimes the not-so-good experiences of my life
catch up with me, and WHAM!  Yesterday was hard in spite of my attitude...memories came back, some good, some bad,...I got tired, I was overwhelmed by what has to be done,  I felt frustration and discouragement ease back into my psyche...I tried to avoid thinking about all of it...physically crashed into bed last night and then got up feeling lousy....

I didn't pray about it...I didn't look for answers in the Bible or anywhere else....I just got mad and felt sorry for myself....a waste of time that gave me a headache....now I am better

I can brow beat myself for being human or I can turn the rest of the day around....I chose the latter....
Life is all about choices...

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Becket

Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.
W. Clement Stone

I am going to try again....

No comments:

Post a Comment