Sunday, September 29, 2013

“Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for.” 
― Maya Angelou

For the past five years I have been trying to settle my sister's estate---it was very complicated with her personal property stored in one state,  her house in another, and she died after living a few years in yet a third....She was brought up and I reside in a fourth state...problems had to be confronted and solutions searched for.....then a little over a year and a half ago, my husband died....there was no estate but lots and lots of financial problems and solutions had to be searched for...for the most part except for a few days spent with my brother in even another state, there has been no day away--no respite....

On Friday I will leave on a retreat and leave everything behind for 24 hours or so....that will be wonderful...then around Thanksgiving I will again visit my brother for a week, that will be even better, and then next year on spring break, I will go to Sedona, Arizona and finally spread my sister's ashes....and enjoy the one place we both loved together....

It is important to work and confront problems and find solutions...but it also can be destructive if you spend 24/7 and that is all that you do....I need to heal and I am taking and making the time to do just that.....My lists of things to do to resolve the affairs of my husband and sister are almost done....now it is time to heal and just be....

Thank you God for the strength and tenacity to take care of these things....there is a new day dawning in my life, stay with me....come on my respite and heal me....and all this I ask in Jesus name, amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment