Saturday, September 21, 2013

Turning work into Joy

I have good intentions....but when I don't do the work, they just linger as ideas...

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work
Peter Drucker

Today I made a workable list to accomplish this day.  When I looked at my list I decided that nothing there was work but joy manifested....all I had to do was find the joy...

Here are a few of my ideas:

laundry---I thought of how nice it will be to smell clean sheets when I sleep tonight and also if all my clothes are washed, how cool it would be to put together what I am to wear this week.  Two good reasons to sing through the laundry.

organize the front porch--i thought how fun it would be to take the used furniture, write a free sign on ti, set it by the curb, and see how long it would take for the stuff to disappear--if it doesn't, I will just load it in the care and take it to the thrift store...now there will be a clean porch and someone happy to take what I don't need any more.

clean up my bedroom/craft room--obviously if this is done, sleep will be better, creativity will be better, and it is fun to find things I forgot about and fill a box for school and /or charity.

Now work is work and it can be accomplished with or without this mentality...but for me, to get it done is found in the motivation and if it can be "fun".  A reward is nice too---so todays reward is for me to be free to go to "Cider Days" (a large art and craft festival)  tomorrow.  I have created a win-win situation!

It is just a little past noon and I have already washed the bedding and made the bed.  I set up boxes in my bedroom and they are slowly filling with what goes to charity, what goes to school, and the rest is being put away.  I feel good and am enjoying the "work."

I believe that God wants me to embrace my life and this is one way that I can do this.  I am grateful to be physically, and mentally able to succeed.  Most of all, I am grateful that I can make a choice to do what is necessary with joy.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Confucius

Colossians 3:23 
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters...

No comments:

Post a Comment