Saturday, July 20, 2013

RESPITE IN JULY

I'm glad it rained
The flowers were thirsty.
And the little sparrows
Were tired of dust baths.

I went outside
To smell the rain
And touch it--
Everything was cool and fresh

I had the desire
To leave the porch
And take a shower
In the shower

But I stayed put and
Watched the lightening
Paint the sky
With brilliance

The thunder made my dog
Annie nervous
She paced a lot
And whined

She doesn't understand
Sometimes with rain
You have
Loud thunder..

But after a while
She just stood
at the screen door
and sniffed the air.

This little storm came after dark
it was easy to hear
but except for flashes
I could not see my garden smile

but I know tomorrow
my garden will stand a little taller
be a little greener, and like me
Be thankful for the rain.

A POEM BY ME--PAULLETTA
WRITTEN TONIGHT AFTER THE RAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment