Wednesday, February 1, 2012

God is always there but especially when you need him......

this evening I had time to reflect over what has transpired in just two weeks....for me it feels like a lifetime....one challenge after another after another.....just when I would think that I couldn't take any more then the right person or the right information or the right door would would be there for me to lessen the load and give me respite....the same thing happened when my sister died suddenly several years ago and I found myself able to do things I never imagined I could do...  and I know that it was God who directed the answers that I needed to move forward...

Gratefully I can sleep at night but I am so overwhelmed by what I have done and still need to do, that I am very. very tired,,,  emotionally spent/.... today I was reminded that I need to slow down, that I have done about all I can do and that it is okay to allow some normalcy back into my life..... what is "normal?"  If it was what it was before, I really don't want normal....if it is what it could have been, I would like to know what  that feels like.... but I am thinking that maybe the slate is being washed clean and God has allowed me the chance to be happy if I will just hang in there and let Him work through me...

It is peaceful in the house...and my mind isn't racing any more... and I am trying to take one day at a time....I think God wants us to live in the present moment and have faith and not worry about the future...tonight I will let go and go back to the silence and just be quiet and be in the presence of God...and tomorrow I will try to take some time just for myself...


 

   

1 comment:

  1. I appreciated your post.

    I too find that God leads me to his presence in the simple space that true silence provides.

    As River says in the midst of chaos and flames, "I swallowed a bug."

    :)

    ReplyDelete